Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jealous Wolf


A Jealous Wolf I Have!
I was going through some old photos and I found some that dated back to the time I when I had just met the woman I married a few years later. At that time my best friend and roommate was a 140 lbs. white wolf. Little Sherlock and I were always together and did everything together. Then Wendy came into our life.

Little Sherlock was jealous of this new person that I was spending his time with. It was not too bad if all three of us were together; it was when I took “her” out without him that when the jealousy started to show up. I took Wendy out for dinner one evening and we did not take Little Sherlock. When we got back and I opened the door, little Sherlock had ripped open a down pillow and shaken it viciously and there were little white feathers all over everything. He was coated with feathers like everything else. He knew he had done something bad and was trying to hide behind a chair. He looked so pitiful all we could do was hug him. It took weeks to clean up all the feathers and we would find feathers in odd places even a year later.

Another time Wendy came over to me and started to give me a kiss. As she leaned in Sherlock stood up and gave a threatening growl. She pulled back and Sherlock sat down. When she leaned in again the same thing happened. I thought it was funny, Wendy did not. Little Sherlock did have 30 lbs. on her.

Another time Wendy asked if she could walk Sherlock. I said OK, but I warned her not to let him get on a run or you will not be able to stop till he wants to. About 15 minutes went by and Sherlock and she returned both covered with mud. She said he started to trot and then took off. He headed across a mud hole and Wendy said she dug in her heals to stop. She said she thought she skied about half way across the mud hole before she lost it and was drug most of the way through the mud hole before she got him stopped. Sherlock thought it was fun and wanted to play. She said “I got him stopped”.  I had fun hosing them both off. 8-)

The two of them worked out an agreement to share me. I sure am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment